Preparing for travel can be stressful, especially when you're packing essentials and you don't want to miss anything. What is even more stressful is finding a suitable babysitter for your fur 'children' who will take care of them for the entire duration of your holiday.
Let us take care of your travelling woes by telling you that you can travel with your cats or dogs stress-free.
So, if your cheap flight to Johannesburg is already booked, here's how you can get your pets to tag along:
- Inform the airline you're travelling with about your pets 48 hours prior to your flight taking off.
- Bear in mind that you'll have to pay extra money for their 'seat' on the aircraft. The weight of your pet and their container is regarded as excess baggage and not free baggage.
- When checking in to one of the Sun City flights, for example, visit the cargo section as they deal mainly with bookings for your pets.
- You need to have the necessary documentation detailing that your pet has undergone a medical examination and has received a vaccination (if it were needed). You need to ensure that your pet is physically able to fly and is not ill.
- Try not to tranquilise your pet. One of the cheap flights from Cape Town to Bleomfontein town should not take long therefore having your pet alert and ready to move is essential.
The aforementioned tips may not apply to guide dogs therefore it's essential that you check the airline's pet policies in advance. Make your travel load that much lighter knowing that you and your pets can travel, without a worry, to and from your destination.
Image courtesy of SHUTTERSTOCK.COM