The Mother City is home to many beautiful tourist attractions and amazing night life experiences. We’ve listed a few must-do’s while you’re there:
- Chances are that you probably haven’t seen a penguin–unless you’re an avid watcher of National Geographic. Nothing beats seeing these amazing creatures in real life. If you find yourself exploring the Fish Hoek area, pop by Boulders Beach. You might be able to get a sneaky selfie with these adorable creatures, but remember never to touch!
- Many of Cape Town’s tourist attractions are becoming wedding venues. Hundreds of loving couples choose to get married on Robben Island, while other couples have found a different venue on which to declare their love: Table Mountain. It is estimated that about two couples get married every month on this world heritage site. So if you’re getting married in Cape Town and cannot find a decent wedding venue in summer, Table Mountain may just be available.
- Cape Town offers township tours on bicycles. Let’s face it, when on holiday there is hardly any time to work on your fitness especially when you’re busy exploring a new town. However, with this tour, not only will you be getting exercise but you will also gain insight into what life is like in informal settlements. New skills you may pick up include: how to click your tongue in IsiXhosa, learning how sangomas prepare for traditional ceremonies and discovering key lessons about South Africa’s history. What better way to experience all of this than on a bicycle?
- Cape Town hosts the best LGBTI parties and goes all out to ensure ultimate fun at events. If you want to attend one of the best dress-to-theme costume parties around, then you’ll definitely be satisfied at the Mother City Queer Project (MCQP). This annual event happens to be one of the biggest LGBTI parties on the African continent.
- If you appreciate wine as much as a cat appreciates a rub on the back, then visiting a wine farm should definitely be on your to-do list. There are hundreds of wine farms in different areas, so be sure to do some research and find an award winning wine maker to visit the next time you are in town!
IMAGE COURTESY OF SHUTTERSTOCK.COM