The airline is working hard, together with its key stakeholders, to ensure a speedy resolution of the challenges that have affected its operations.
Explaining the unfortunate confusion that had arisen on Wednesday afternoon regarding the resumption of flights, an SA Express spokesperson said information to this effect had been released based on the understanding that the operational challenges that the airline had faced earlier in the day had been resolved.
“A meeting was held on Wednesday, 28 August 2019, between ACSA and SA Express, facilitated by the Department of Transport (DoT) and the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) in which a resolution was taken that the withdrawal of services by ACSA be lifted pursuant on SA Express meeting prescribed conditions.
“These conditions were subsequently met hence the SA Express communication that flights would be resumed on the 28 August 2019 at 16h00.
“Disappointingly, ACSA subsequently reneged on the agreements reached, which caused further inconvenience to our passengers on all routes operated by the airline.
“In the meantime, ACSA has referred the matter to their board this morning, the 29th of August 2019, to apply its mind on the issue further and recommend a way forward,” the spokesperson said.
Further updates will be provided as soon as new information emerges.
Passengers are advised to contact our reservations department (+27 11 978 9905). SA Express staff will also be present at all the airports to assist passengers.
Once again, SA Express deeply regrets the inconvenience that this has caused to all its passengers and other customers.